Thursday, October 1, 2015

31 Days: A Study in Grace

For the past few years I have been grappling with God. I've fought back and nearly walked away because I cannot simply understand or begin to grasp His grace for me. He draws near, I push away. It's a constant cycle of push, pull but today is the start of acceptance, for today is the beginning point for a 31 day study in grace.


This year I'm joining with many other bloggers to take up the challenge to write every day in October. I've desperately wanted to join the revelry for the past two years but something has always gotten in the way. If we're being honest, that something has usually been my own fears. But God has a nagging way of pushing me forward and urging me to write.

So for the next month, I'm going to be reflecting on God's grace for myself and for others. Each week I plan to feature one book that I have read that has helped me along in my journey. Other than that, my plans are few, but I invite you to join me on my reflections and maybe we will discover something new together.

To keep everything organized, you can use this as a launching pad. I will be linking each day's post back here.

Day One: 31 Days: A Study in Grace
Day Two:  You Gotta Be...
Day Three: Disjointed Grace
Day Four: Awakening to Grace
Day Five: Permission to Fail
Day Six: Looking-Glass Reflections 
Day Seven: Old Systems Die Hard
Day Eight: The Unraveling of a Professional Doer
Days Nine & Ten: Gracious Reads: The Relief of Imperfection
Day Eleven: The What If? Plague 
Day Twelve: Muddy Circumstances
Day Thirteen: The Strange Case of Mistakes and Fear
Day Fourteen: A Call to Rest  
Days Fifteen & Sixteen: Gracious Reads: Simply Tuesday
Days Seventeen & Eighteen: This Season's Anthem
Day Nineteen: Grace in the Wait
Day Twenty: You Just Gotta Laugh 
Days Twenty-one & Twenty-two: A Thieving Trio 
Days Twenty-three & Twenty-four: Gracious Reads: Grace for the Good Girl 
Days Twenty-five to Twenty-seven: Saying No to NaNoWriMo
Day Thirty-one (Final post): October Wrap Up

6 comments:

  1. What a great topic! I've been wrestling with the same push/pull and look forward to reading your posts. Wishing you a grace-filled 31 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope my words can meet you where you are at and help you in your own struggle.

      Delete
  2. cool. cs lewis said that when you're ready to understand you will, and don't fret it when you don't. we are justified by grace (I'm Lutheran) and it's a free, wonderful gift. we can't understand everything, and it's futile to try. I strongly recommend Luther's Commentary on Romans, really talks about grace and is an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace is such a beautiful thing, especially because it's free, but being human it can be so hard to accept. Your suggestion sounds very interesting. I'll have to add it to my To Read list to check out. :)

      Delete
  3. i'm a retired pastor's wife. we were in official ministry over 40 years. now it is unofficial:) the church we are in is focused on "experiencing and expressing grace." it has been very helpful to learn more and more how to apply the meaning of grace to our everyday lives while still recognizing the overall attributes of GOD! another book that is crammed with grace is galatians! i think it changed martin luther's life! i'm writing in slot 32 on this page at grittygrace.com on a different topic...no challenge to yours. i'll stop in and see what you are doing here when i can breathe. i started writing in september but am still feeling a bit behind:) blessings girl:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestions! I love Galatians. Sounds like you have a jump on the ball, so be sure to rest and enjoy your accomplishments. You are going to rock this challenge!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...