Tuesday, October 20, 2015

You Just Gotta Laugh

This is Day 20 of a 31 Day Challenge. Catch up on all the previous posts here.

When my husband and I adopted two small kittens (brothers with a habit of rough wrestling), we knew we would have our hands full. Since we brought them home three years ago, we've had many fun stories that I often share on Facebook and Instagram entitled, The M&M Chronicles (M&M for Milton and Mayhem). I began sharing their antics as a way to laugh about the moments that might have otherwise aggravated. Below is one of their most recent antics.

The guilty party.
The M&M Chronicles:  Donald asked me this morning if Mayhem had gotten hungry in the middle of the night. I didn't know and said as much. Then he showed me the bag with an extra biscuit. Gnaw marks were evident.
To flush out the culprit, I presented Exhibit A to both suspects. Milton wasn't interested at all; Mayhem played it off. Then I laid it on the floor and Mayhem immediately went for it, picking it up and shaking it, batting it back and forth. He has Southern style cravings. Mm.. buttery biscuits. ‪#‎kittytroubles‬ ‪#‎tasteofhome‬
Sometimes you just have to laugh through the aggravation and the mishaps of life. Today was a good reminder of how laughter is a gift born from grace and forgiveness. I could have gotten up in arms about a destroyed pastry (and there have been times I've thought about it), but why?

I so often allow my annoyance to escalate to the point of anger and frustration. Sometimes it's with my husband, the cats and often times myself, but I'm reminded this week that forgiveness is connected to the extension of grace. 
Matthew 6:14-15 "If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. 15 But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins." (NLT)
We must forgive to receive forgiveness, and often, the first step to forgiving is letting out the tension. What better way than to laugh a little? If not at the situation, but just enough to lighten the mood you are prepared to fully unload. 

So go ahead. Watch Ellen scare her guests or read the recent posts about how we are supposed to dress according to Back to the Future. But choose to laugh today. You deserve a giggle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...