Monday, October 19, 2015

This Season's Anthem

This is Day 17 and 18 of a 31 Day Challenge. To catch up on all the previous posts, click here.

These past few days, I've taken more moments to rest than reflect on this space. I needed a break to regroup. Even with the space, I do not have a clearer direction than I originally did when I started this challenge. But tonight, as I was driving home, Hillsong United's "Oceans" came on the radio. It always resonates in my soul but tonight it became an anthem.
"Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders, Let me walk upon the waters, Wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet would ever wander, And my faith will be made stronger, In the presence of my Savior."
 Those words are where I'm at right now. I'm in a job that I've never imagined being capable of performing. I'm following my heart with pursuing a dream of writing. My husband and I are trusting on God's provision for our finances and it's not without it's challenges. Life likes to interject its doubts and pragmatic comments, causing a storm of worry and those plaguing What If? questions.

With each storm, though, there is a transformation and a deepening. Things too heavy get chucked over board. I'm finding that each day, I'm feeling lighter and more myself. God's grace is drawing me into those deep waters of uncertainty and teaching me (yet again) to trust in Him, deeper than before.

As there are two weeks left of this challenge, I hope my reflections will continue to deepen and my faith made stronger in this crucible of change. May we face each moment together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...