Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Grace in the Wait

This is Day 19 of the 31 Day Challenge. To catch up on the previous posts, head over here.


Yesterday, I sat around a table with tutors who have been there for more than a year. I listened as names of students were called out and the tutors grabbed at those names with memories flitting across their faces. We were discussing strategies on how to help our students succeed. As names grew upon the blank pages of my companions, I sat amazed at the breadth of influence and growth they've had. Then when I looked down and saw my own short list, I saw the ghosts of new names to be added. The potential of each student is waiting in the wings of time. Time...

The action of waiting is arduous. As a society who wants things in the now, it's hard to pause and give credence to that season of the wait. But looking at that page and reflecting on the vast knowledge that those tutors have shared with me, I know that time has its own brand of grace.

It carries us along, patiently buoying us to our next destination. In the distance, the land becomes closer, clearer. We cannot always determine the pace or the direction that Time will take, but when we arrive, I cannot deny that we have been equipped with the tools needed for to cultivate that new land.

I'm in the process of cultivating. I've been carried to a new place and season, and right now I'm sowing and planting. I long to race ahead in time to see what God is up to; or, better yet, pull out of time and see how everything is tied together, to see where it's heading. But I can't. I just let the gentle crest of ocean of Time draw me along and use my time in the Now intentionally.

How have you experienced grace in a season of wait? Share with me in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect "timing!" Life just brought me a slew of challenges all at once, but I can't take care of them all right NOW like I want to. So I am relearning waiting and the patience that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read your post & to find you through the Facebook #write31days community!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...