Sunday, October 4, 2015

Awakening to Grace

This month I'm sharing my reflections and study of grace. See days Two and Three for my history with grace and my struggles with the ever present "to bes".


Awakening to grace is an experience that is slow and gradual. This blog was birthed out of a place of confusion and desperation shortly after I awoke with so many doubts and questions. It's been a place of solitude and rest for my questions. A way to examine what grace can be for myself and others.

I took a six month sabbatical from that campus ministry and ultimately concluded that my time of serving had ended. It was a gentle closure to a time so full of emotion and questions. God was gracious to me.

I struggled with words to share here today. How to conclude a history that hasn't yet finished? The best way is not to and admit that this process is organic, no matter how much I want there to be bookends and flashes of great revelation.

I know that my search this month is, at its core, simply a deeper dive into living and breathing grace. In this moment, I know that I'm going to find new nuggets to add to the treasury into the treasury of my heart.  I choose to rest in that freedom because my history has been written and my future is coming. Today is full of God's grace, as well as all the ones to come and each day simply needs to be experienced. I need not worry about what tomorrow brings.

Today I sit with the following scripture, seeping tea and letting the words soothe away my need to earn the gift that has been so costly but so freely given.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...