Saturday, March 29, 2014

What I Learned in March

 Every month I link up with Emily Freeman at Chatting at the Sky to share what I learned that month-- the serious, the silly, the down right mind blowing.

1) Grey's Anatomy's opening song has lyrics. This month I've started watch Grey's Anatomy from the beginning. I've been watching the current season but it's just not the same without the back story. To my surprise, the opening song has lyrics! And they are catchy! Who knew?



2) Retail and medical personnel work similar hours. Since I have been gorging on medical drama, I have found parallels between hospital and mall life. We work similar hours, build a family with our work friends and are inevitably busy on weekends. While the work itself is vastly different, the lifestyle is similar and it comforts me to know that we all have highs and lows with our jobs.

3) The Enneagram personality test is creepily accurate. I discovered Enneagram last month's linkup. Leigh Kramer did a blog series about the Ennegram and posted about each type and the characteristics of respective bloggers with that type. After some research, I settled on Type 6 and when I read her post about what Type 6 bloggers think and feel, I was floored. She wrote some exact phrases I had shared with my husband the night before about writing. Such a confirmation! Do you know which type you are?

4) The Night Circus's writing style is described as "lush".

I discovered this through our library's website. They recently updated their catalog to add a research application called Novelist that analyzes aspects of a book you like and suggests other books along similar guidelines. You can even narrow your search to the writing style, like lush. This discovery led to many hours following rabbit trails but all in the name of my "to read" list. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

5) A cat with the best intentions can still end in destruction.

    Exhibit A:

One evening, I heard a scratching noise in the bathroom. Fearing that it was my cat, Mayhem, in his old makeshift toilet (the sink) I went to investigate. Turned out, Mayhem was innocent. Instead, I found Milton scratching at the shower curtain. I looked closer and found this. He was batting at the water droplets, but claws and a thin curtain liner don't mix.

6) My husband knows how to enjoy his birthday. Our friends threw him a surprise birthday party and presented him with a two layer cake, candles on the rim of the first layer and covering the top. My husband takes his time opening gifts (something about reusing paper), and since there was only the cake, he decided to blow out each candle one at a time. Twenty-six candles. He may not have gotten his wish but he was one happy guy.

What did you learn this month? Share in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...